STRATEGY, ROLE & EFFECTIVNESS
THE NONPROFIT IN SOCIETY
- Supporting Nonprofits is essential, but so is addressing their structure & role, and the root causes of the issues they deal with.
- Both before and with Covid, we’re at a time of immense change. How can Nonprofits be supported to be most effective in the face of this change?
- And, which are most worthy of support? Financial efficiency is a common Nonprofit metric; effectiveness within society is harder to measure but arguably even more important.
- A recent Report (The Wheel / Indecon) highlights critical skills gaps and the need for training. Additional reports overseas show the sector falling behind in Digital Transformation
- A wider criticism is that some Nonprofits are set up to bandage symptoms of deeper problems, achieving little in the long run.
- How can we in wider society hear from Nonprofits, understand these issues and work together to make a difference in these areas?
- What problems can Nonprofits best solve? Where are Nonprofits the best solution?
- Where are Nonprofits needed as temporary bandaid solutions, and what root causes must society fix?
- How can Nonprofits change their role and operations, individually and collectively, in light of these questions; and how can wider society help?
- We need to learn from the Nonprofit sector – what are their issues, limitations, frustrations .. what can be made far better .. and what root-cause fixes are needed?
- Together can we offer new, real & creative supports to the Nonprofit sector?
- Working together with Nonprofits both individually and collectively, what new futures can we create?
WeCanWaterford is funded by our Corporate Sponsors to empower their teams & communities to transform lives, society & the planet.
From the Community
- About the Strategy, Role, Effectiveness category February 23, 2021(Replace this first paragraph with a brief description of your new category. This guidance will appear in the category selection area, so try to keep it below 200 characters.) Use the following paragraphs for a longer description, or to establish category guidelines or rules: Why should people use this category? What is it for? How […]